The US Obama Administration and NATO, supported by the EU, go to war against the proletarian centers of Eastern Ukraine. They ordered their stooges in Kiev to send army troops, tanks, helicopters, and the fascist storm troopers of Svoboda and Praviy Sektor to crash the rebellion of the working class and the resistance of the local popular masses to the diktats of the phony “ interim government” of pro-imperialist oligarchs and Nazis.
On the eve of the launching of the operations, the head of the CIA John Brennan traveled to Kiev obviously to supervise the campaign of military repression of the people, while the White House, in a Press Conference, publicly “urged the government of Ukraine to go forward” to establish “law and order”. They need urgently the order of this barbaric “law” of the capitalist jungle to impose the measures of social cannibalism demanded by the IMF to transform Ukraine into a colony of US and EU capital.
Already the number of dead and wounded in Eastern-Southern Ukraine is mounting, while not only is the heroic workers and popular resistance fighting back the aggression, but also the assault has produced acts of fraternization between the Ukrainian troops and the people as the soldiers refuse to kill women and children and take the side of the people.
The NATO-sponsored aggression in Eastern-Southern Ukraine threatens not only the Ukrainian people with a bloody generalized civil war and the peoples of Ukraine and |Russia with a fratricidal war but as well all the peoples of the region, of Europe, East and West, and world peace. We have to stop them by an international mobilization of the workers and popular movements!
No confidence can be placed in the secret diplomacy between the rulers of US, EU, Russia, and Ukraine, which works as a smokescreen for geopolitical games and negotiations between imperialists and oligarchs competing at the cost of the peoples themselves in Ukraine, Russia, Eastern and Western Europe, and all over the world. The Geneva agreement of April 17 has as an immediate political aim, first of all disarming of the workers insurrection of the Donbas region, which is declared “illegal”, while the Nazi gangs of Praviy Sektor and Svoboda are an integral part of the Kiev “government” , and they are already included in the “legal” framework of the Ukrainian police and militia. Neither the Kremlin nor the oligarchs but the international working class is the real class ally of the Ukrainian workers.
Our destinies are interconnected and we have to take things into our hands. We have to fight together the same enemies: the US/NATO imperialism and its warmongers, the IMF, the EU, and their draconian plans, the oligarchs in all the post-soviet space served by Ukrainian or Great Russian nationalism, ethnic and religious hatred, the new rise of anti-Semitism and fascism.
The so-called elections on May 25 is a sickening fraud as it would take place under a non-legitimate, dictatorial regime, born out of a coup, under a coalition government of oligarchs and Nazis, and under the threat of tanks. We call for a boycott of such “elections”.
The fake Verkhovna Rada of oligarchic Mafias that just loudly applauded the killings in Mariupol has to be immediately dissolved. Workers Councils have to be formed everywhere and elect delegates to a new, real Verkhovna Rada, in a united, independent, socialist Ukraine ruled by the Councils of its workers and people and not by gangsters at the pay of Washington, Berlin, or Brussels.
We call all the workers organizations, parties of the Left, social movements of resistance and for emancipation all over the world, to mobilize urgently by all means (demonstrations, pickets, meetings, leafleting etc.) to stop the criminal military aggression against the people in Eastern-Southern Ukraine.
Particularly in Europe and the USA, we must not forget that the main enemy is at home: the same ruling classes in Europe and America that want to transform Ukraine and all the former Soviet space into their colonies already starve their own peoples by permanent 'austerity' and mass unemployment. We are all Ukrainians!
Let us make the coming May Day 2014 an International Day of Solidarity to the people of Ukraine against the dictatorial regime in Kiev and its masters in the West.
Let everybody hear our voice, the voice of the international working class:
No pasarán! Peace to the people- Power to the workers Councils!
- Savas Michael-Matsas, on behalf of the EEK, Greece
- Sungur Savran, on behalf of the DIP, Turkey
- Iosif Abramson , on behalf of the Leningrad Regional Council of AMO, Russia
- Yury Shakhin. Against the Current, Ukraine
- Mikhail Konashev , AMO-Leningrad, Russia,
- Matyas Benyik, Board member of Karl Marx Society of Budapest, Hungary
- Hillel Ticktin, Professor Emeritus of Glasgow University, Scotland, editor of the Marxist journal Critique
- Dimitris Mizaras, on behalf of the Marxist Workers League(MTL), Finland
- Jorge Altamira – Partido Obrero, Argentina
- Néstor Pitrola and Pablo López, Federal deputies of the PO-Frente de Izquierda, Argentina
- Marcelo Ramal, Claudio del Pla, Gabriela Cerrano, Julio Quintana, Martin Dalmau, Tito Fresina, Andrea – provincial deputies of the PO-Frente de Izquierda, Argentina
- Osvaldo Coggiola, Professor at the University of Sao Paulo,
- member of the National Committee of the University Professors National Union of Brazil
- Jeremy Lester, political philosopher, editor of Counter-Hegemony, Britain
- Calliope Rigopoulou, professor, University of Athens, Greece
- Giagkos Andreadis, professor, Panteion University, Athens, Greece
- Bertell Ollman, Professor , Department of Politics, NYU , New York, United States
- Tamas Krausz, historian, Eotvos Lorand University, Budapest, Hungary
- RobertoYépez, Opción Obrera, CRFI, Venezuela
- Said Gafourov, economist, journalist (Pravda), Moscow, Russia
- Monika Karbowska, militant of the Anticapitalist Left, Poland
- Boris Ikhlov, secretary of executive committee of Russian political union“Worker”
- Alexandr Sidorov, chief of trade union committee of Perm worker' trade union "Defence, employment, lawfulness"
- Mitchel Cohen, Brooklyn Greens/Green Party of New York (for identification purposes), NY, USA
- Ana Bazac, Professor, University of Bucharest, Romania
- Suzi Weissman, Professor of Politics, Saint Mary's College of California, Editorial boards Critique, Against the Current and broadcast journalist, "Beneath the Surface with Suzi Weissman" KPFK Los Angeles,USA.
- Gulnara Aitova, the "Alternativy", Russia
- Ewa Groszewska, militant of the feminist movement and of the anti-capitalist left, Poland
- Rafael Fernández, Chairman of the Partido de los Trabajadores, Uruguay