The aspiration of the United States and other capitalist metropolis countries to preserve the existing system of global capitalism and their political, economic and military dominance on the planet is the true reason for the carefully prepared and waged war by the West against Russia in Ukraine, which is actually the initial stage of the Third World War. The United States, its allies and vassals, primarily the NATO countries, bear the main responsibility for the increase in international tension, terrorism, the arms race, the threat of wars, including so-called humanitarian interventions, and state, including military, coups. The threat of new wars will be eliminated only with the elimination of global and any other capitalism, as a result of its revolutionary transformation into communism. It's a long and difficult road. The main thing in moving forward on this path now is the struggle against the imperialist aggression of NATO, for finding and using reliable means of preventing military conflicts, for a new reliable system of international security, for ending the arms race and subsequent gradual disarmament. Therefore:
1. Communist and other left-wing parties, public organizations of citizens should join efforts to jointly fight against the policies of states and interstate associations whose actions pose a direct threat to peace, demand the dissolution or restriction of the activities of NATO and NATO-like military alliances within the borders of the alliance countries, ensure an indefinite moratorium on the admission of new members to them.
2. They can and should propose measures capable of weakening the existing military threats even under existing conditions, and put forward anti-war demands that are relevant today:
- adoption by all countries of a moratorium on further increase in military spending;
- the subsequent gradual progressive reduction of military spending (the larger the country's military budget, the more and faster it is subject to reduction) and the use of the financial resources thus released to fulfill the urgent for each state's own and international programs of social and cultural development, environmental protection;
- conclusion of regional and other non-aggression treaties, exclusion of military force in the resolution of interstate conflicts, collective security treaties, creation of reliable collective security systems;
- phased elimination of all military bases in all foreign territories in strictly defined terms;
- unconditional condemnation of the use of all types of weapons of mass destruction, including nuclear weapons, for aggressive and provocative purposes, and the conclusion of a comprehensive international agreement on the prohibition of all types of weapons of mass destruction with their subsequent phased elimination under reliable international control of non-NATO countries;
- unconditional prohibition of the development of any new weapons, the conclusion of the relevant treaty by all countries and its unconditional implementation under reliable international control, including under the control of non-NATO countries;
- the сonsideration at the UN General Assembly of the issue of investigating the activities of US biological laboratories in the United States, Ukraine, Georgia, and other countries.
3. It is possible to achieve the fulfillment of these demands if the struggle of communist and other left-wing parties, left-wing social movements, associations of ordinary citizens against wars and their incendiaries will be supported by everyone who cares about peace on this planet, if it will be possible to create a new powerful international movement for peace, and, ultimately, these demands will be fully and irrevocably fulfilled when capitalism finally remains in the past of mankind.
Association "Soviet Union"
March 16, 2023